Thursday, December 6, 2012

6 December 2012 ~ A Month of Reflection

If you could change one thing that happened this year, what would it be? Why? (Author: Lee) 


Although I'm someone who tries to roll with the river, I have this Very Bad Habit of trying to change the Past. 

So a prompt like this just plays into my Little Bit Crazy Currie.

And yet, I am going to give it a very quick response.

I would change 

NOT. ONE. THING. 

Truly.

All the gains, every single loss, the mistakes, my missteps, and even those ohmygodIcan'tBElieveIreallydidorsaidthat can stay. 

If anything, I'd only change my wish to change.

Anything.

Ever again.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know what, Currie, you just made me thinking, and I have to admit, this year is one of those when I am really happy with what has happened in it.
I can not find a single thing I would have want to change!

A Creative Grace said...

Good Currie, I'm glad to hear that...because all those things have made you YOU! I like to look gently forward this time of year, plant a few new seeds so to speak :)

stefanie stark said...

I love your idea to make December a month of reflection. I also love how you get into it with one special word per day. I will try this too. A great inspiration! Many thanks!

Rita said...

I'm the same way. I am not one to think about the what ifs in life. If I don't like something I think about how can I change it in the future. The past is already gone. Other than trying to make amends if you hurt someone, move on. We are who we are from the good and the bad things that have happened to us. In fact, the "bad" things have often be the very events that changed me life for the better in the long run and taught me the most. I love your answer!!