Monday, December 3, 2012

3 December 2012 ~ A Month of Reflection

What is one thing you did this year you think you'll remember for the rest of your life? (Author: Lee) 

Since forgetting things is NOT something I generally DO, and BEcause I often wish my memory were NOT the workhorse it really IS, I don't need to reach far into my bag of tricks for this one.

I learned to depend on ME. 

Oh, I'd like to say I learned to Let Go, BEcause I did. Really and truly. Big things. Important and Life-changing Let Goes abounded in 2012.

But the really Big Deal & Over-the-Top Thing I did and shall NEVER forget was finding that Place people refer to as "in the end" or "at the end of the day" and who I found there was ME.

It's really a simple thing. 

[And I am fairly certain that I "should have" discovered this a long many decades ago.]  

Yet I am just tickled to have DONE so this year.

And you know what?! Depending on ME is so very different from depending on someone else BEcause I know my own heart and I hear my own thoughts. 

It's funny, realising this, BEcause in coming to this place I have discovered that what always stood BEtween me and simple happiness was me BElieving someone else held MY answers and the keys to MY point, purpose, and reason for BEing.


I'd love to have that Time back… Yet the truth?! This timing is exquisite...


1 comment:

Rita said...

Congrats to you!!
I think I will remember Dagan and Leah getting their forever home. Myself--this was the year I discovered zentangles which led me to the Zendala Dare--and then the Artist's Playroom group. This has been the year I have been trying to become a loose woman (looser with my art). LOL! And my BFF came all the way up from Wisconsin to visit! Those are the bigger things. Tons of little stuff...but will I remember them ten years from now. ? ;)