Sunday, December 2, 2012

2 December 2012 ~ A Month of Reflection

We often learn our limits the hard way. Were there any limits you realized this past year? Alternately, what self-imposed limits were you able to move beyond this year? (Author: Carolyn Rubenstein) 

I considered "limit" a nasty 5-letter-word. NOT anymore. My word for 2012 is Discipline. Its 10 letters seemed far nastier.

Until I BEgan to live into it. 

Discipline encourages me. Lets me BEgin, Continue, and Focus, daily, weekly, or in some other measure.

One of my limits [mayBE silly] is disciplining my writing. 

Each morning I have a series of writings that I DO. For 2 of them I write 222 words. 

That is it, that is all. NOT 223 or 221, only and exactly 222.

A completely self-imposed limit, 222 is improving my writing experience, and mayBE my writing as well. 

Another limit: living within my means. I have a fixed-income which was NOT enough for my Life.

Realising something needed to happen, the thought occurred: sell my car. I thought eliminating the expenses of owning a vehicle might "help." 

I had no idea that BEing vehicle-independent would ADD to my Life. NO CLUE!!

It would take too many words and too much space to elaborate. I can say I Now ecstatically embrace my fixed-income. Knowing my limit has given my Life a shine I'd never imagined possible.

I look forward to living ecstatically within my limits again next year. Perhaps crazy or impossible to some, for me it's turning out to BE an essential ingredient for Happiness and Inner Peace.

[p.s. I trimmed this post down from 385 to 222 words ;~D]


2 comments:

Rita said...

I know that if I had a car with my fixed income I'd be in real trouble financially. Have to live within my means, too. And it is fine once you adjust to the changes. :) :)

geetlee said...

Beautifully written Currie. I'm sure the next year will be absolutely fabulous for you :)