Monday, December 24, 2012

24 December 2012 ~ A Month of Reflection


Take some time to wander through all the photos taken over the past year. Which is your favourite? What emotions do you associate with it? [Author: Lee]

I took very few photographs this year. The vast majority were scans.

I learned a LOT about what I call “digital fiddling” as I have worked on 366 Daze of Grace.

When I look at it like that it is no wonder that there is not single favourite to point to.

What I have loved is sharing my photographs on my blogs, in online challenges, and even Right Here, in these “words of art” I am making using my paintings as photographs to “fill” the words.

This year both my older DSLR and my little Casio Exilim died peacefully in early March. It was a difficult time, but I managed to find a replacement for my Casio on eBay and so Life right-sized itself very quickly.

I’ve quite liked taking photographs on the days I teach though this year I didn’t DO that. Happily I discovered that I prefer actual one-to-one connecting with the kids far more.

Photography is MORE than taking pictures and LESS than fancy digital fiddling.

Somewhere in the middle is where I’ve found myself and my photography both putting down roots and growing amazing blooms.

It is a learning process and an adventure and there are as many ways to play it as there are stars in the sky.

I enJOY thinking about the Journey. Very VERY Much!!

No comments: