Saturday, December 22, 2012

22 December 2012 ~ A Month of Reflection


Did you discover something that surprise or delighted you? What was it? [Author: Lee]
I'd have to say that discovering the bend and curve of My Life without 4 wheels has been one of the greatest discoveries of 2012. [and perhaps my entire adult Life]

Granted I canNOT go back and re-live the decades of my utter dependence upon motor vehicles, but I DO know that I always toyed with the notion of Life within walking distance, and I LOVE IT!!

Funny enough, this is my response Today, after an impromptu trip to Costco with my front house neighbour!! I realised that today was only the second time since 6 April that I have been inside a car as vehicle.

I can simply NOT imagine another time in my Life when I would have had such clarity about a very everyday thing.

The reason this surprised and deLIGHTed me was that I had simply been willing to DO this fairly large thing to get my expenses to STOP BEing greater than my income. And frankly, I hadn’t even considered BENEFITS to BE so plentiful or myriad.

The loss of enough weight and inches that my entire wardrobe is pretty much TOO BIG. And the realisation that I don’t NEED so many clothes.

Strength that I haven’t known or enJOYed in decades, simply BEcause I walk so much.

Happiness as walking heals me of most of my depression.

A deeper appreciation of what I DO and DO NOT eat or drink.

The pleasure of deep and restful sleep BEcause my body needs it and my mind goes along!!!

Recognising the difference BEtween Need & Want and feeling neither deprived nor superior to have a handle on them both.

An most blissful acquaintance with Enough. It is like I’ve completely rewired myself and WOW!!! I never realised how addicted to MORE MORE MORE I was.

Yes. I knew I was making a BIG Decision. What I couldn’t have known was how that one Very Big Decision  would make so much Possible.

It’s nice sometimes, BEing surprised and caught unaware…

2 comments:

AM Zafaran said...

Wow! How right you are! Even though I know 'more' is actually 'less', this post came as a great reminder especially when the whole world is going in for MORE, MORE, MORE!!!!

Rita said...

Not having a car seemed like trauma, but turned out to be such a financial relief for me, too. Love your list. Merry Christmas! :)