Saturday, December 15, 2012

15 December 2012 ~ A Month of Reflection


What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something that you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it? [Author: Gretchen Rubin]


I love how this prompt feels in me. I was just thinking about this out walking with Gracie. I was thinking about how this year has been such a JOY BEcause I have been creating, “making” things each and every single day of it. For me that is NOT about what might sound like self-congratulation and ALL ABOUT the pleasure it is to BE my fully creative self.

Many years I have wished I could or would have DONE something. MORE.

Many days in those years I have felt ashamed that I have NOT used my gifts. For me writing is JOY. It is Happy. It is relaxing, refreshing, and REALLY wondrous. But I haven’t let myself enJOY this BEcause there was no reason to DO it.

After all…

Who would read it?!

Who would care?!

This year I have discovered that it matters little or NOT one tiny bit who reads me. Who sees the art I make and post for others to enJOY.

What other people read, see, think, or say is None Of My Business.

[I never really liked that phrase yet it is exquisite for this]

By making my art every day, by making the time for that each day, first thing, I have changed myself on the inside into someone I like very much on the outside.

And someone I like BEing. A lot.

While exercising my creative muscle groups, I have found strength and stretch and possibility I’d never imagined could BE mine. WAS mine!!!

I have learned a little about many things and quite a LOT about a few things.

I have met people all round the globe that were I to stay in my nice little comfy zone of wishing and hoping but NOT DOing would never have crossed my path.

Amazing stuff.

Of course I also thought, upon reading this prompt, that the last thing I made was a Very Delicious Cup of Tea!!! And choices I’m happy with today.

I think living Life as a creative BEing moreso than an always in my head and thinking BEing is divine.

I think living as Process NOT Product is fantastic.

I think living all of my days filling them with takes and MIS-takes is the Very Best Way for me.

I DO have a particular something I want to make, something I’ve been moving toward the past few days. It involves words, but these are cut and pasted and pieced together words and it will take me some time BEcause there is simply no quick and easy way to power through such a project.

Which is why I have and continue to make time for it… 

No comments: