Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Life's Lessons #31 BE Enough


Enough has been my word for 2013. 

It has been a remarkable word, teaching me so many things and reminding me of other lessons I have learned but lost track of or simply left BEhind, like old files or socks with holes.

What I know Now, that I did NOT even know I wanted [and needed] to know is that BEing Enough is simply a decision. 

It might NOT BE a decision I make sometimes, but it is always there for my choosing.

I am leaning in toward the New Year, the shared one, 2014. 

And a new word. 

But I am NOT leaving Enough out of the mix forever. 

That's the thing about a word that guides me through a year. 

It BEcomes part of me and, like my wrinkles, makes me know myself better.

I am oftentimes MORE than Enough.

For myself.

For others.

And sometimes NOT Enough.

Same.

Same.

Yet mostly Now I realise I CAN BE Enough No Matter What I might BE thinking.

Or what anyone else is thinking.

Or NOT.

It's Enough, knowing this. 


1 comment:

Rita said...

One of those hard earned lessons that I forget every now and again--LOL! ;)
Love the painting--the colors and the moon and stars in the corner.
Happy New Year! :)