Sunday, December 8, 2013

Life's Lessons #7 BE Yourself


I always thought that BEing myself was a bit of a raw deal. I mean, it was so easy to BE like someone else. Even several someone elses!! But the deal was BE Myself and so I kept at it. And at it. And at it.

Now I am happier about this whole proposition. I am able to embrace it, even its prickly parts. I realise there is no one else I CAN BE.

The problem with BE Yourself, from my perspective, was that DOing so seemed like the perfect set-up. I always fell short of what I imagined I should BE BEing. Or who.

Recently I found a thing that I have stuck on my mirror in the bathroom. It says: In a world where you can be anything, be yourself. I see this often and every single time I stop and think about it.

I have had, and I still DO have, a lot of ideas for the improvement of ME. I've had these ideas about others, too, but NOT so much as I DO for ME. Perhaps this is NOT such an awful thing. Perhaps this is simply BEing myself, or, BEing Currie.

I call this blog BE Currie BEcause it is someplace I can come and show up as just myself. Messy, imperfect, curious, thoughty, and as I am. Essentially, BEing Currie. In the moment. Or moments.


2 comments:

Rita said...

Yes! You only need to be the best Currie you can be each day--each hour. ;) That's all any of us can do.
Happy Tuesday!

Terrie said...

Boy, you're hitting all the big ones....I think this is probably one of the hardest. So many people struggle with just being themselves and I think it has to do with -first you have to know yourself. It takes a long time to figure that out.

Thanks again for being your thoughty self!