Sunday, January 5, 2014

Life's Leanings #5 Experience Softens and Transforms


Sometimes I am so sure of myself that I am like an old shoe.

BUT...

NOT always.

I have had a visit from my friend Pain the past two days. 

I know these visits are fewer and further BEtween Now, yet I still seem to react in the old way.

This visit I have surprised myself and my friend, I think, BEcause I am NOT resisting. 

NOT pushing back. 

NOT calling names. 

NOT, well, NOT DOing what I have always done.

It might still BE too early to call, but I think my friend Pain and I have turned a corner. 

We're BEcoming better acquainted. 

We're coming to accept one another. 

Perhaps we have even grown to love each other, in a peculiar yet extraordinary way.

I have always resisted. 

Attacked Pain BACK with "pain-killers." 

NOT this time.

This time I am softer. 

I am more understanding. 

I see that Pain often comes to me when I need to stop. 

NOT just slow down a bit. 

STOP. 

Rest.

Wait.

BE.

Accept this is a part of BEing me.

Okay.

I'm Here.



No comments: