Tuesday, April 9, 2013

We Know How To DO This Better...



I need quiet and simplicity today. 

Yesterday took me deep into the experience of pain. A long night's sleep, with Gracie right BEside me the entire time, reminded me that I know how to deal with or "DO" pain better so it is time I DO it better.

I've navigated Today more slowly, accepting my Present reach and what is BEyond my Present grasp. 

This causes me to wonder how often I DO what I know better than to DO, and How I DO what I Know How To DO Better. 

It's tempting to sweep it under the rug. To look away.

BUT...

Seeing is important.

Making mistakes, like the one I made yesterday, apparently essential.

This is NOT news, yet it seemed outside my experience yesterday.

When we know better we DO better. I've heard that all sorts of places, but for some reason Oprah's saying it is what I "hear" when I hear it.

When we KNOW better we DO better.

Simple.

Quietly simply.

Just what I need to remember today.

I am challenging myself to write out loud for the 91 days, 1 April through 30 June 2013. I'm pulling questions out of hats and giving them some room to romp. If you have a question to share, please email me... 
silver dot currie at gmail dot com

3 comments:

Unknown said...

sorry to here it's so going for your injuries to heal. I hope you get a lot of rest and start feeling better soon!

stefanie stark said...

Your picture collage is wonderful! It's looking like a wonderful dream! I am so sorry to hear about your pain and I hope you will feel better soon!

Catharina Engberg said...

You made a beautyful picture.
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well as yet. Hope you will feel much better soon! Take care!