Friday, April 5, 2013

Asking Some Questions & Exploring Some Answers


When I Know Someone Else Doesn't Know, What DO I DO About It?

The first thing I think about this question is that it really is NOT any of my business what someone else does or does NOT know.

And yet...

Sometimes there is good reason to NOT "enlighten" another about something I know they don't know. 

It is kinder.

It is thoughtier.

It is mayBE even a matter of Too Much Information in the wrong hands.

On the other hand...

When I know that someone is completely clueless, perhaps even dangerous BEcause of what he or she does NOT know, I have a whole nother pot of porcupines simmering on my stove.

And it often rests on making a judgment call, which since I try NOT to BE judgmental or to act as if I know what is "best" is really NOT someplace I want to BE, making the entire proposition much too iffy and cumbersome.

The other day I had a driver who had no idea where he was or where he was going with me in the back seat. It was NOT an experience I wish EVER to have again. And yet here I am, waiting Right Now for another driver hoping I won't have any sort of a repeat experience...

BEcause I think, in retrospect, I should have taken action in this case.

BEcause when I DID take action, after the fact, once I was on "dry land" and out of his vehicle, the process involved is one where I must complain and basically tell my version of the incident to someone who then writes it up to give someone else and if, once all this is done, that driver says it didn't happen, then I have to hold onto the experience even longer to make sure the proper action is taken.

Does anyone else see the conundrum here?!

So really, I don't know that I have an answer for this one, one that I could stand by No Matter What. In fact, I am kind of wishing I had just "looked the other way" instead of reporting the incident since at Present I am having a heck of a time generally with the whole concept of re-hashing of events...

When I KNOW someone does NOT know what I DO know...

my goodness. 

that's all I've got.

DO YOU have any ideas or thoughts on this?!

 am challenging myself to write out loud for the 91 days, 1 April through 30 June 2013. I'm pulling questions out of hats and giving them some room to romp.  If you have a question to share, please email me... silver dot currie at gmail dot com

1 comment:

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Hmmm! I don't know all the details of your "conundrum," but it seems to me that speaking up is usually the best alternative. I would do some praying.

PS - Cool giraffe!