Monday, April 15, 2013

Learning To Stop, Look, and Listen



I remember a little sing-song something from way long back...

STOP LOOK AND LISTEN
BEFORE YOU CROSS THE STREET
USE YOUR EYES
USE YOUR EARS 
BEFORE YOU USE YOUR FEET.

I think this is good advise and wise counsel.

NOT just for kids crossing the street, either.

Ever since the episode with the dogs attacking Gracie and me, I have watched myself grow into a crankypants with no more patience than a rubber band stretched too long in the sun.

I get irritated way too easily, and I don't just Let Life BE Life.

Realising this last week, I stopped myself, mid-crank.

Amazing stuff.

Last night I slept practically straight through the night.

That was deLIGHTfull.

Nothing's changed all that much with me physically, but mentally, I am adjusting. At least that is what I think I am DOing.

I still have a strange brain, but I have adapted to it.

I've stayed "off my brain" for longer and longer chunks each day.

It is always going to BE necessary to stop, look, and listen BEfore I cross the street, but I may have overlooked there are still streets to cross, places to explore, people to meet, and adventures to have.

Clearly, I had a good bump on the BEan.

BEcause I'm NOT a crankypants [anymore, though I surely was for a too long many years of my one precious Life] and I don't want to renew my subscription to the Crankypants Times.

What happened really scared me. And hurt me. And it sort of stinks. But it could have been so much worse, and oftentimes I have found that Life wraps gifts in unusual wrappings.

Just Now when Gracie and I went out  for our afternoon walk, she still wasn't game for walking BEyond our street, but in turning back to head for home, I happened upon a $5 bill on the ground.

See what I'm saying?!

I am challenging myself to write out loud for the 91 days, 1 April through 30 June 2013. I'm pulling questions out of hats and giving them some room to romp. If you have a question to share, please email me... 
silver dot currie at gmail dot com



No comments: