Thursday, April 11, 2013

Somedays Are Like That, Mom



About 32 years ago, my son said a wise thing to me. And to this very day I hear his little boy voice saying it. Especially on certain sorts of days.

Somedays are like that, Mom!!

Today has been one.

NOT especially "bad" and certainly far from awful, it's just been a day that has brought me face-to-face with a Currie I'm none too fond of. 

She is impatient, she goes off over tiny things that mostly she wouldn't even register, and she has this attitude that is, well, let's say "entitled." 

NOT a pretty or pleasant thing...

I've pretty much kept her like the Jack... In. The. Box.

I even took the words right out of her mouth once.

That made me smile.

It's just a day. 

And Now it's at its end.

Almost...

Thinking I'll count my blessings and remind myself Who & How I REALLY Am.

I am challenging myself to write out loud for the 91 days, 1 April through 30 June 2013. I'm pulling questions out of hats and giving them some room to romp. If you have a question to share, please email me... 
silver dot currie at gmail dot com

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Well a question that i am working on is ... how can I work towards being the very best that i can be as I age? Love your processing on this little child, and be easy on yourself... we all have those days, and it is ok!!!