Friday, June 29, 2012

Painterly Edition Photo Art Friday, June 29th - July 1st



I don't know that this is quite so painterly as some, but I like it and am choosing to just go with it. It's a photo of my sweet Gracie on her 5th birthday, just after a serious haircut, at the Dog Beach in Jupiter, Florida. 

At that point we didn't yet know that we could actually go on the beach a mile from home as long as we stayed North of the signs. 

I've another blog, http://366dazeofgrace.blogspot.com where each day I tweak one my millions of photographs of Gracie with the intent to have a perpetual calendar when 2012 is no more. It is a great way for me to keep learning and practising and NOT get overwhelmed. Though I only used Picasa to tweak this one, I like the painterly feel of the ocean and how Gracie's delight is written right in her whole BEing's expression.

Always a JOY to participate in Photo Art Friday [this time ON Friday and NOT Sunday night!!] and see what others are DOing, perhaps my most favourite part!!




Photo Art Friday

4 comments:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Seeing everyone's work is my favorite part too! Gracie looks like she could run right out of the scene into my arms. I really like how you have edited this photo, Currie. Thank you for sharing with Photo Art Friday.

Anonymous said...

great picture and lovely processing. your dog is a cutie!

Jeanne said...

Really like your editing on this and think your dog looks extremenly happy to be your baby! Aren't dogs wonderful!

Ida said...

She looks like she's having a wonderful time.