Sunday, June 24, 2012

Photo Art Friday 22-24 June 2012... "Vintage-ish"


I am in a growth spurt, and it's just plain funny to watch myself try to get where I am going ahead of when I will, I hope, reach there!!!

I'm trying [yes, yes, Yoda, there is no try, but!!!] to wrap this birdbrain round layers and finally LEARN to use PSE8 which I got for Christmas in 2009!!

I spent a fair bit of Saturday engaged in the intent to "LEARN me some Photoshop" and when it was "when" time, I treated myself to playing in Pixlr Express which I understand only marginally more but which affords me to do things I simply can't yet manage in PSE8 and are BEyond the scope of Picasa. 

Today I decided to take this photo of my son from 1983 and make it "vintage-ish" or so I think!! I love the photo, it catches something about him that I can't quite put into words, and the spot where it was taken is one that is very special for me.

I wanted to PLAY at Photo Art Friday again as I am loving how these various challenges are getting me to stretch and then share. Thanks, Bonnie, for the necessary nudge to get me moving forward!!!



Photo Art Friday

1 comment:

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Vintage with its own vignette and a cool border - well done! I'm so happy you shared this piece with Photo Art Friday - unfortunately I think most of the participants have left the gallery. But I am happy I got to see it Currie.