Monday, June 4, 2012

Fractured Faces for ICAD 1-3




I'm having a lot of fun of late exploring various Challenges and opportunities to make art to share along with others making art to share. It is inspiring and encouraging.

This week's exploration, ICAD, which stands for Index Card A Day, is BEing encouragingly hosted by Tammy at Daisy Yellow . This simple and fun challenge is simply to decorate an Index Card A Day for 2 months, June all through July, which I learned about from Terrie at Creative Explorer and then again from Michelle at Brain Angles. 

For my first 3 above, I played a bit with ink, stamps, and coloured pencils. After that I scanned them and played a bit in Picasa & the Picnik that is left in Picasa. 

A HUGE part of participating is learning things I have wondered about, like linking to others' sites. I am hoping I did it correctly [which I am sure of for Tammy's and Terrie's since I lifted them right out of Terrie's and Michelle's posts] with Michelle's site.

I also owe another Big THANK-YOU to Bonnie at Pixel Dust Photo Art  who sent me detailed step-by-step instructions for Photo Art Friday a few weeks back. I am NOW going to follow HER trusty instructions to add Tammy's badge to link my post. 

Okay, here goes!!!

Linking this thanks to Tammy & to Terrie for their BEhind-the-scenes help and encouragement!!! Loving to learn so much in the midst of having fun!!!





6 comments:

sweet limes said...

Terrific cards, they are so alive with colours.

sweetlims.com/blog

Jackie said...

Wow, amazing cards!

Kristin Dudish said...

I love how bright and colorful your cards are... So much fun (and a great idea to play with them even more using photo editing software)!

xo
Kristin

p.s. I really miss picnik... A LOT!

Natasha said...

So much energy in these cards! Wow!

Maggie said...

I love the abstract art style of your cards. Lots of interest. Interesting blog too, haven't seen this format before. Glad I found the comments area.

Snap said...

Great color!