Wednesday, July 18, 2012

My ICAD Practise: # 43-48

ICAD #48

Reverse order today, just to see if I can still go backward ;~D... The fun of this ICAD made today is that it sums up exquisitely what the past 6 days have been for me. I've been inspired, making all sorts of art, even writing up a storm. For anyone who has ever felt like creating is like swimming up waterfalls or herding cats, just commit yourself to making one itsy bitsy index card a day. 

This is one of my wildly wacky under the sea critters that I have been working with the past few months in my paintings as well with the kids at Kickin' Arts Camp last week. This week I am taking them to a whole new level...

ICAD #47

Another of my funny fishies with a message to myself that I sometimes forget.


ICAD #46

This is actually a bad printer copy [the inks were dying from thirst so I changed them yesterday] of a collage I made with "leftovers" on Monday. I had been working on a painting and was having such fun with it that I just kept on keeping on...


ICAD #45

After a busy BUSY week last week, I slid into the weekend and just wanted to marinate in the peace and quiet. Sometimes I find cutting and culling through paper to make my "paints" is more soothing than a massage [of course it has been way too long since that happened, so I could BE exaggerating!!] so I did a LOT of both. I was working on a painting inspired by Santorini. NOT that I have ever [yet] been to Greece, but I have it in my head that it would BE idyllic... With a LOT of leftover "paint" from that painting, I started to play with my ICADs, making the blues of the water and sky into a mini oasis...



ICAD #44

I was playing here, too, with my leftovers as well my lines that I have been poeming the past 48 days [no I am NOT kidding, I started with 50 lines and I will BE done on Friday!!!]. I love this little note to myself about failing BEcause goodness knows I DO it enough. Funny thing, since I've started DOing it with ENTHUSIASM my "mis-takes" are BEcoming wondrous sideroads...


ICAD #43

Although I was fairly cross-eyed last Friday, Friday the 13th no less, I had my eyes open for inspiration. It was that day when I finally decided to start my painting which I had had in mind for awhile. Some of the wee houses I had cut up to use for the hillside effect left BEhind some cool bits. Thankfully ICAD2 has given those little bits a home...

This is truly a keeper of a practise. I love Tammy's suggestions for other ways to take it, too. For me, especially, it seems to have given me a focus and a way to "finish" things. I don't know that "finishing" is really the point, but I noticed that I wasn't finishing things BEcause, then what?! Now, with this new habit in place, that is moot. BEsides, sharing with you all is well worth it.

Thank YOU times a trillion, Tammy!! You're making a BIG difference in my Life!!










6 comments:

Heather said...

These are some very colourful collages you have here on these cards! They look like they are full of energy. I also can't agree enough with you about the value of developing the habit of creating art everyday, even if it's just a tiny index card. I feel inspired to start creating all sorts of other kinds of art now as well, including getting back to writing poetry and fiction!

ashton elaine said...

I like how your cards keep a consistent style. Wonderful collages! :)

Natasha said...

Your cards are all so positive and vibrant. I love that, they always make me smile.

Andria said...

Great collages! I like your octopus, and especially your "pieced" dolphin.

Daisy Yellow said...

I truly think that it is the feeling of community, the feeling of sharing our card creations, of pushing forward every day.... that's what is making this crazy challenge truly rock. So thank you for playing along and getting messy and creative every day!

Dianne said...

wonderful thoughts and marvelous collages...the 'fail with enthusiasm' made me smile!