Thursday, July 26, 2012

Funny Fishiness for Collage Obsession Challenge

Barracuda Eats Stowaways

Submarine Paradise

Back in May & June I dug out a National Geographic from 1956 that had all sorts of wondrous NG-type photographs of an undersea World, divers, and more. I started to play with them, then got drawn back to an Under the Sea diptych I did in 2010 and suddenly I was springboarding into an entire UNDERSEA World of my own imagination. 

I did 12 of these 4 by 4 inch canvas boards experimenting all the way with textures and collaging and then de-collaging. I ended up scanning them all in and fiddling with them in Pixlr which was great fun and taught me so much about the ways to play with such digital fiddling programs.

It just seemed too serendipitous for me to learn of the Fish Are Jumping Collage Obsession Challenge from Michelle V. Alkerton's post http://brainangles.blogspot.com/2012/07/something-fishy.html so I just decided to drop in and share them!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you shared your fish story ;).
Stay inspired!

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Wow!!!

Eila A said...

Currie, your underwater world is truly fantastic - I love both collages you have posted here. I can see that you have had a lot of fun creating these. Great work! Thank you for participating in the challenge!

Jean Baardsen said...

Very nice! Great colors!