Saturday, January 5, 2013

5 January 2013 ~ The Story So Far



 “Creativity consists largely of rearranging what we know in order to find out what we do not know. To think creatively, we must be able to look afresh at what we normally take for granted.” -George Kneller
As you go through this day, be mindful of what you take for granted. This is a big exercise in mindfulness, asking “what else might be true?” at every juncture. That is beginning of creativity, of fresh thoughts, of aliveness.What are you taking for granted?
Your Daily Rock from Patti Digh

Asking what else may BE true has BEcome a new practise for me. I came to this by “accident” realising I was BElieving stuff that I’d only thought about in the privacy and quiet of my own brain. 

I tell myself a story. I don’t challenge the story. 

Nobody else hears that story. 

And Time goes on. 

I remember the “learning” of that story. Again, never even think to challenge it. 

Pretty soon I completely BElieve this story. 

Just yesterday I took Time to unpack one of these stories. I went back to November in my sent emails. 

I was looking for one email and when I found it I immediately could see where I had thought my way into BElieving something that is/was NOT TRUE. 

We are talking 2 months of reinforcing something which was only alive in my own brain

Thinking fresh thoughts...

1 comment:

The Artful Diva said...

I like the way you think!