Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Make Time for Noses ~ Texture Tuesday 10.2.12

Sedona Summer Morning 2008

This week I took one of the photographs of Gracie that I used in 366 Daze of Grace, the blog I am creating to make a perpetual calendar of Gracie. I DO this very early each morning, and so it was a real challenge to my learning curve with Photoshop Elements 8, yet surprisingly enough I had much MUCH more ease with this one.

I have to say I DID this largely in response to a few "recipes" I sort of gathered from other Texture Tuesday-ers last week. In this one I used Kim's Partings texture 3 times. It's still baffling to me, but I keep at it and am so VERY GLAD to have somewhere to share my efforts AND others who are so generous in sharing theirs.

1st layer: 28 September from 366 Daze
2nd layer: kk_partings soft light 75%
3rd layer: kk_partings screen 27%
4th layer: kk_partings multiply 100%
5th layer: make time for noses screen 50%
6th layer: CurrieSilver2012 overlay 73%

It's pretty cool, getting the hang of this... I just canNOT thank you, Kim, and you all playing Texture Tuesday ENOUGH for your encouragement, insights, suggestions, and simply BEing. 

DOing one-photo-a-day in PSE8 is already making me less "graspy" and "breathless" with the process. 

Very cool beans...
kimklassencafe

13 comments:

Becs said...

Lovely image and processing - love the make time for noses, perfect! I know what you mean about starting in PSE - it took me ages to learn a few basics and every time I use it it seems to be a learning adventure (albeit a fun one!). Well done for doing a photo a day - it will get even easier. :)

Sylvia said...

So lovely, beautiful tones and texture work !
Nice day,
Sylvia

Stephanie said...

Gracie looks beautiful - nice job. I'm just about where you are - trying out recipes from others. Most of the time I just keep trying different textures at different levels until I find one I like.

Leovi said...

Yes, it is beautiful, wonderful texture and exquisite light and color.

The Artful Diva said...

your calendar will be a thing of grace!

bailey-road.com said...

Beautiful image!

A Fanciful Life said...

Hi Currie,

Thanks for your kind comment about my post today. Your Gracie post looks just like a dreamy painting - well done! Makes me think of my Gracie, even if she is a cat!

Warmly,
Sharon

Nikki said...

That's a beautiful image. It looks like a painting. Your texture work is amazing.

Sharon said...

Gracie is gorgeous! And you did a beautiful job with textures. I'm learning a bit at a time, too. Kim is such a great teacher -- so calm and encouraging. Isn't this fun?!

Carmel said...

I like your photo of your dog so much. The partings textures look so great. You can really see the details. Great work.
Cheers Carmel

Nancy Claeys said...

Beautiful!

Buckeroomama said...

This looks like a painting! Love it. :)

Carole said...

Great photo. Beautiful dog. Reminds me of Bo, the dog I had as a teenager. :-)

Thanks for visiting my blog. :-)