Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Look Up ~ Texture Tuesday 16 October 2012


It was funny, this Texture Tuesday's theme of Look Up brought me straightaway to this photograph taken in May of 2006, of a cottonwood tree. I have always loved photographing what I see looking up into trees... especially tall ones like this one.

Here is the original photograph with only a tiny bit of digital fiddling...


Then I played in Picasa and Picnik to put it into my Gratitude yesterday [15 October 2012]


The layer-by-layer HOW I did this in PSE8 is:
Background + Ctrl J Soft Light 80%
Zen Thing Linear Burn 74%
KK Providence Hard Mix 47%
That's it, that's all.

Very fun, one of these a day. I'm actually sort of sensing my way round Now...


kimklassencafe

11 comments:

Carmel said...

Like your image, texture and layers look great.

Stephanie said...

Great effects and choice of text.

Anonymous said...

Lovely work.

Carola Bartz said...

Cottonwoods are such beautiful trees! Nice processing, Currie, I like it.

Kim Stevens said...

I like your composition and diagonal lines in this!

Marilyn said...

Very nice, Currie. Don't you just love tree images from that " down below vantage point"? You did some really nice things with these trees. The color of the trunk is beautiful and it does glow especially with the "burned" edges.

EarlK said...

Love your cottonwoods! Continue BEing YOU.

Earl

Sharon said...

I like the diagonal line of the trunk. Nice composition and editing. Sounds like you are having fun, too, which is most important!

Prairie Jill said...

Nice processing!

Nikki said...

I love images of trees from this angle. They are so interesting. Great processing Currie.

Leovi said...

Very good! Like, exquisite composition, beautiful colors and textures.