|The Little Flower That Could|
I'm generally NOT one to photograph flowers... And yet earlier in September I was inspired by others' photos of flowers, their wondrous processing, the vivid colours, their scents... well, generally I was moved, so I decided to try my hand at it.
I was cleaning up after one storm and another. The "grass" outside the Wee Cottage was somewhat lawn-like, and here and there were flowers disguised as weeds. I'd never noticed some of them until I was hacking away and then, all of a sudden, like Alice, I was drawn into their little Universe.
Granted, I didn't really get brave enough that day to take this particular photo into PSE8, but I did have a good time of it in Picasa, and in the past 3 weeks have noticed it sitting in my September photos, wondering if I would ever take it to "the show."
So that's what I did, today. And here's HOW I fiddled with it in PSE8, layer by lovely layer...
1. Multiply 75% [the digitally fiddled with version]
2. Drips of Rainbow texture [pdpa] darken 80%
3. Sweet Thoughts texture [pdpa] screen 25%
4. posterize Normal 75%
5. photo filter underwater 100%
6. Soft Light Overlay texture [pdpa] difference 100%
7. Because I can text difference 88% wave-warped
8. curriesilver weecottagewonders screen 47%
I still can't REALLY explain the why or wherefore of the above "recipe," but I CAN say I am learning and I am way WAY less intimidated with PSE8 Now. Just one week of one photo a day and I don't even get anxious...
Thanks Bonnie and all of you playing along.