Monday, July 28, 2014

2014 Summer Art Camp ~ Day 1

Summercampblogbutton

I don't think chemo is supposed to BE this fun... 

I couldn't have imagined what great distraction & inspiration were possible.

Today was Day 1 of 2014 Summer Art Camp with Carla Sonheim et al.

Here are some wrong-handed crabs I drew to "warm up" or get loose.


And here is my final finished Beach Painting with Fred Lisaius.


Kind of got carried away and made my "shells" into wee critters...

I think I will call this one "Beach Blanket Brouhaha." 

Just the thought is enough for a good long laugh.

I'll share more in the days to come.

Gives me a good reason to post back here...

Haven't done so in nearly 3 months!!!

enJOY!!!




4 comments:

cjsrq said...

I like your wrong handed crabs! And, I saw your Beach Blanket Bouhaha on Flickr and loved it! As always, Carla's classes don't disappoint. Glad to see you are feeling well enough to make art!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you're creating such wonderful colourful art. Enjoy your summer art camp. Sending healing vibes ~~~ your way as you continue to fight!
Stay inspired!

Rita said...

Oh wow! This looks like months of fun! I hope you keep playing and posting. :)

Miriam said...

Hello dear Currie, I have missed you and wondered if you were having treatment. I'm so glad to see you back making your wonderful art. I am also sending positive thoughts and a virtual hug your way. My niece is having chemo too so I will put you together in my mind and think of you often. Oh, and I love love love the crabs. I think they suit wrong handed drawing somehow.