Thursday, March 6, 2014

Photo Art Friday ~ Abstract Flower



It has been way too long a long time since I digitally fiddled with a photo straight out of my camera. 

So, this month's Photo Art Friday gave me a chance to See What Happened When I broke that way too long a long time record.

I got to visit the current Chihuly Exhibit at the Desert Botanical Garden last week with my mum. 

I had visited another exhibit when I lived here in 2009, and so I knew that I was in for a treat.

There are desert flowers and cactus of all sorts, but I was most enthralled with Chihuly's installations.

I did NOT realise until I was there that this was all new and different, so it made the discovery all the more exciting.

This one was a particular favourite BEcause once again the garden itself was transformed by Chihuly's remarkable glass.

It is pure JOY to let his colourful play take my imagination for a ride.

I've added Bonnie's Leafy Landscape texture to this and then just carried on in Pixlr Express.

I am REALLY REALLY looking forward to seeing what the other participants have shared in this month's digital showcase.




Pixel Dust Photo Art

16 comments:

~~~jennifer~~~ said...

I'm hoping to visit the Chihuly exhibit in Seattle soon. Your photo & edit of his work are perfect for an abstract theme.

Jeanne said...

What a fun creation you have made here with this Chihuly piece. I just love his work and bet the desert version is so much fun

Bonnie Zieman, M.Ed. said...

Just stunning, Currie! I hope folks click on the image to see the large version - as you can really see the depth and texture. Lucky you seeing a Chihuly exhibit.

Miriam said...

WOW! absolutely wonderful Currie. I can't link up to Bonnie yet today but I have posted my little piece.

Ida said...

Wonderful piece Currie. First I am officially "jealous" that you've gotten to see the Chihuly exhibit more then once. I'd love to see it sometime.
Your piece is so vibrant and alive. It makes me feel happy looking at it. Great use of the leafy landscape texture too.

Andrea @ From The Sol said...

I love Chihuly and have been to his exhibits in Chicago ... Amazing and hard to imgagine that his work could be enhanced, but you surely did it. This is a beautiful piece, Currie ... you should dabble in photo art more often :)

Andrea @ From The Sol

Andrea Dawn said...

Your "fiddlin" has produced an image that reminds me of a sea anemone with red tentacles swaying in the ocean current while other sea life grows nearby. I love it when images pull me into my imagination for interpretation. You have done it again, girl. Sending blessings your way.

Inspired By June said...

Wow - fabulous, Currie! Love the color pop!

Leovi said...

I think it's a good job with delicious colors, very creative designs!

Anonymous said...

Very abstract. I like it and it's so colorful. I'm enjoying seeing all that is displayed this month for PAF and getting to visit some new sites. :)

Katarina said...

It's so vibrant and it puts me in such a happy mood!

abrianna said...

Wonderful, bright colors and very abstract.

Joyce said...

what a facinating bit of photo art! I can see you took a photo of the boat in the pond. I am also facinated with glass art (thanks for visiting my blog)

Electra said...

This is remarkable Currie! Full of light and movement!

ormbunke said...

Wonderful flowers. Its look like a flamed fire. I hope you understand my english. Ha de gott i helgen.

NatureFootstep said...

a very colorful piece of abstract. :)